Credendo – Excess & Surety is looking for a Surety Underwriter to start up our surety business (also referred to as bonding or bank guarantees) in Spain, in collaboration with Credendo – Excess & Surety’s headquarters in Belgium.
- You will promote Credendo’s surety activity in order to conclude new contracts and expand our portfolio evenly and profitably.
- You will manage the underwriting process from A to Z: you will collect all necessary information for new and existing bond contracts and you will contact the client or broker if necessary. You will draw up a legal and financial analysis of the file, keeping in mind the nature and duration of the risk and you will make a proposition, including contract terms. You will decide on this proposition or submit it to the competent decision level. You will be responsible for the correct representation of the decision in quotations and contractual documents.
- You will negotiate with clients and/or brokers about the bond contract terms in order to find a suitable solution, fitted for the client's needs.
- You will ensure the maintenance of the existing portfolio. You will maintain and strengthen relations with existing clients, brokers and other insurance and surety companies. You will take care of existing files and re-evaluate them on a regular basis.
- You will investigate the bonds' legal scope. You will adapt the text or clauses if needed, in close consultation with the client and beneficiary. You will be responsible for the issuance of surety bonds (guarantees).
- You will be part of the Surety team with colleagues in Brussels, Rotterdam, Paris, Köln, Milano and Gdansk. You will receive adequate support from your colleagues.
- Relevant professional experience of minimum 5 years.
- You have an education in business/economics, accounting or law.
- You have strong analytical skills.
- You are dynamic and enjoy a great level of autonomy in your day-to-day activities. You however apply internal guidelines and comply with the required reporting.
- You maintain a good balance between commercial and underwriting aspects.
- You have a good command of English on top of Spanish. Other European languages are considered as an important asset.
- You have good interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills.
- You are a team player.
- IT Skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point).
- You have an interest for business environment and economy.
Claudia Gaviria Iglesias
T +34 961 318 578
M +34 608 78 27 47